Our success comes from our people. If our mission is a good match with your career goals, we welcome you to email your resume with cover letter to Human.Resources@fhueng.com. We are always accepting resumes and look forward to hearing from you.
Software Engineer-GIS Specialist
Location: Denver, Colorado
Summary: FHU is currently looking to expand our GIS services to include software application development, with a focus on mobile applications. This growth requires a highly technical product development pioneer for our 100+ person firm. The selected candidate will be able to coordinate the product support process with existing staff and our contracted professionals. The candidate will also support development of products for our Colorado Springs, Lincoln and Omaha, Nebraska offices.
The Software Engineer/GIS Specialist we seek must be a highly motivated and creative individual that can apply their passion for improving the world around them to our specific products and clients. FHU is committed to the professional support and development of each of our employees and we look forward to blazing a new trail with the ideal candidate.
GIS Skills and Responsibilities
- Strong ArcGIS background
- ArcGIS SDE/Server 9.x to present
- QGIS and open source GIS development
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Data modeling / ArcGIS ModelBuilder
- Database design / Visio
- Spatial analysis and map composition
- GIS needs assessment
- Photogrammetric / remote sensing knowledge
- GIS System implementation and deployment
Software Development Skills and Responsibilities
- Database and Web Development and Optimization
- Technical Documentation
- Installation Development
- Quality Assurance Testing
- Client System Support and Problem Solving
- MS development - SQL Server, ISS, Visual Studio
- PHP experience a plus
- Web development skills – HTML5, Adobe Flash
- Open source software development experience
- Create storyboards and wireframes from requirements documents
- Conduct testing sequences on programming interface and document issues
- Develop and/or follow product requirements documents
Education and/or experience position specific:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, GIS, Geography or Electrical Engineering
- Five years of enterprise-level software development
- Demonstrated experience with writing technical product documentation
- Previous experience with testing & debugging software
- Experience with the development of product requirements
- Proven .NET, C#, ASP.NET MVC, and SQL Server experience
Senior Traffic Engineer
Location: Centennial, Colorado
Summary: Felsburg Holt & Ullevig (FHU) is seeking a mid to senior-level engineer with demonstrated success at implementing advanced analytical tools and techniques to deliver solutions for a variety of transportation engineering work.
Essential duties and responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works on and manages primarily small to mid-sized traffic engineering projects or traffic engineering tasks for larger multi-disciplinary projects.
- Responsible for data collection, technical analyses, and written documentation.
- Participates in the planning, estimation, and preparation of proposals.
- Participates in and presents project findings at client, technical group and day or evening public meetings.
- Uses microsimulation (e.g. VISSIM, CORSIM) and/or capacity analysis (e.g. Synchro/SimTraffic), modeling software and equipment to prepare engineering and planning documents.
- Participates in business development efforts and assists with oversight of staff.
- Responsible for job specific quality system tasks as defined in FHU’s quality manual.
Education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil/transportation engineering from an accredited four-year college or university. Master’s Degree with a concentration in Transportation Engineering preferred.
- Eight or more years experience to including, but not limited to, traffic impact analyses, regional transportation plans, and major feasibility studies.
Additional Highly desirable areas of expertise include:
- Real-time urban traffic signal control techniques and tools, including corridor optimization and adaptive signal control systems. Knowledge of traffic signal control hardware and software a plus.
- Intelligent Transportation Systems analysis and design, such as Active Traffic Management (ATM), traffic monitoring, ramp metering, and Transit ITS applications.
- Use of a range of traffic simulation tools to assess operational issues and alternatives. Experience with microscopic simulation and Dynamic Traffic Assignment (DTA) modeling tools a plus.
Certificates, licenses, registrations: Professional Engineer Certificate or active pursuit of Professional Engineer Certificate in Colorado
Engineer I/II – Transportation Design
Location: Centennial, Colorado
Summary: The Engineer I/II-Transportation Design works on roadway, rail, and trail design projects.
Essential Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Works on the design and plan production for various sized transportation engineering projects under the direction of a Project Manager.
- Assists in data collection, technical analyses, and written documentation with supervision as needed.
- Assists in client contact and participation in presentations in a supporting role.
- Uses computer assisted engineering (AutoCAD or MicroStation), design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Responsible for job specific quality system tasks as defined in quality manual.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Transportation Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university.
- 1-3 years (level I) or 3-6 years (level II) of Transportation Engineering experience
- Minimun 1 year previous experience in Transportation Engineering with a focus on design
- Previous experience in Roadway & Rail design a plus
- Experience with Microstation & AutoCAD
Environmental Scientist/Environmental Engineer – Centennial Colorado
We currently have openings for one or more well qualified environmental professionals to support our growing and thriving environmental consulting practice. This position is located in our Centennial, Colorado office. Periodic travel is expected to our offices in Colorado Springs and Nebraska and/or to field locations in the region. This environmental professional is self-motivated, as well as team oriented, and provides support on environmental projects associated with transportation and other infrastructure by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take charge and responsibility for assigned tasks; self-manage schedule to meet project deadlines.
- Assist with preparing high-quality documents in support of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) approvals and permitting needs. Support document deliverable activities as needed; write clear and accurate technical documents and memoranda.
- Perform/coordinate field work/surveys and data collection activities.
- Provide technical support to Project Managers and other environmental staff by providing high quality internal and external customer services.
- Support public meetings and public outreach activities, including presentation of technical project information to the general public and interested stakeholders.
- Support business development and marketing activities to include: information gathering, personal contacts, proposal development and other activities as requested.
- Perform technical tasks, including those requiring quantitative skills, with general guidance.
- Research and collect related literature data in support of environmental technical reports.
- Serve as a key team member working with other scientists, planners, engineers, project managers and other project staff.
Education/Work Experience Requirements :
- BS/BA degree in a relevant field required, MS/MA degree preferred with emphasis on natural or environmental sciences, environmental planning, or environmental engineering.
- Requires 3-8 years of relevant work experience, and a basic understanding of environmental regulations.
- Excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills.
- Operate a computer and applicable software with proficiency.
- Good driving record required.
- Ability to travel to other company offices and/or field locations is required.
- Quantitative skills and the ability to organize, analyze and present data will be required.
- Some familiarity with the use of GIS, AutoCAD and/or Microstation in environmental assessment is a plus, but not required.
In addition to the basic requirements, the ideal candidate will also possess experience and/or technical qualifications in one or more of the following areas:
- Air quality and noise assessment for transportation projects
- Biological surveys and threatened/endangered species surveys
- Environmental permitting and compliance monitoring
- Hazardous material site investigation/assessments
- Wetland delineation, permitting and mitigation
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Felsburg Holt & Ullevig, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, ancestry, mental or physical disability, age, military service record, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.